Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sicilian's Orange Cake

Sorry sorry sorry foe the lack of updates. I'd been very busy but my baking obsession continues as usual every weekend :) I left my memory card in the office (lets just hope I don't accidentally lost it cause I have tons of my baking pictures in it, hurm) so hopefully I have some time tomorrow to go and get it. Not that my office is that far, so no excuse for me I guess?

Here, some of what I found in my another memory card (everyone needs two, I know). Sicilian's Orange Cake. I baked an orange cake once before. Other than the almond, I do think both of the cake were amazing. They tasted alike, but Sicilian's was a bit buttery and moist whilst the other one was almond-y yet so moist and soft. So try it and tell me which one you prefer.

Sicilian's Orange Cake
(You can find the recipe almost everywhere)
Ingredients:

250g butter at room temperature
250g sugar (1 1/2 cup or less)
4 medium eggs
250g flour (1 1/2 cup or less)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest

  1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until white anf fluffy around 4-5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  3. Add orange zest. Add all the flour at once and mix slowly. Pour in the orange juice and mix.
  4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes depending on your oven
ps: I noticed that this cake brown to quickly even when it is halfway done. Cover it with an aluminium foil. It might helps. I don't use icing for this recipe. I can't resist the temptation to try it rightaway. Hehe.

No comments: