Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cheesecake Galore!

One of the cheesecake I baked during my open house last two weeks. This is what happened when you keep it for so long, I forgot which recipe did I used!! Hahahaha. Oh kejap, I think I remember something (yes I should try shouting next time if I forgot something). Ah yesss. That's the one.

This cake was loved by everyone! Ceh semua I baked was loved by everyone (this is not a statement). Hehehe. Ok now seriously, everyone's loved it!


Baked White Chocolate Cheesecake
Adapted from Homesweethome

150 gm digestive biscuit/crushed
80gm butter/melted
180gm white chocolate
500gm cream cheese (at room temperature)
300gm sour cream (I don't have this)
3/4 cup caster sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs
Chocolate ganache/whipping cream

  1. Heat the oven at 160 Degrees Celcius. Prepare your baking pan.
  2. Grate coarsely 3/4 of your white chocolate (leave some for hiasan)
  3. Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press evenly on your baking pan and chill for 30 minutes.
  4. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence until well incorporated. Then add eggs, one at a time.
  5. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit pastry and mix in the grated white chocolate. Stir gently with a fork.
  6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
  7. When it is done, turn off the oven and open the door a bit but do not take your cake out. Let it be in the oven for the next 2-3 hours.
  8. Chill the cake in the fridge for 4 hours.
  9. (Since I ran out of whipping cream) Pour chocolate ganache on top of the cake. Sprinkle the leftover white chocolate. Ready to be serve when it has cool completely.
And this is another chessecake I baked last week. I have another box of cream cheese and some raspberries so Afi requested me to bake some. I halves the ingredients since they were only two of us at home (which took 3 days to finish!).


Strawberry-Raspberries Cheesecake Slice
Adapted from My Kitchen Snippets

3/4 cup crushed digestive biscuit
6 tbsp melted butter
250gm cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 egg
3 tbsp strawberry jam
Fresh raspberries for decoration

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease and line a 6"x6" square baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. Mix crumbs and butter together and press firmly on the bottom of the pan.
  3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour in a bowl on medium speed until well blended. Add egg at low speed. Mix well. Pour over crust.
  4. Drop the strawberry jam on different sites on the batter. Use a knife and make a marble effect on it.
  5. Bake for 40 mins or until it is done. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
  6. Arrange raspberries on top of the cake.

2 comments:

Nur'ain Balqis said...

Which 1 yg lg bez shaleen? Yg ni ke or Baked White Chocolate Cheesecake?

Kookies said...

ugh sorry belle lambat reply. hehehe. most people prefer the baked white choc tapi most probably because I baked raspberry for ourselves. hahaha. entah ek. i prefer the later one, raspberries :)