Don't worry. I am perfectly well and healthy :) Other than all the wedding preparations going on (not that much actually) and ongoing life as a student, I am safe and sound. Except that I bake less nowadays since I don't have that many mouth to feed here in Sabah :p
With the occasionally orders from acquaintance, nothing beats the feeling of having a freshly baked cake at home kan?
Since I had some banana left from the chocolate banana cake, I decided to bake this. I saved it in my baking book ages ago, not knowing when I would be able to bake it.
I remember buying banana cake as a energy food for my students everytime during training or competition. Banana = energy. Banana cake = energy. Chocolate = craziness. Seriously, they went extremely hyper with chocolates! And I stop feeding them with choc since then, except for big competition.
And this, banana+nutella? *gulp*
This has become my favourite marbled banana cake so far!
Marbled Nutella Banana Bread
Adapted from Vision Plum
2 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana (I used 4)
6tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1/2 cup nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan or 7" cake pan.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together banana, butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla essence on medium speed until creamy about 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time and continue beating for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the flour mixture gradually until well combined. Divide half of the batter and stir in Nutella.
- Alternate spoonful of nutella batter and the normal batter in your pan until finish. Swirl gently with a knife. Bake for 1 hour.
The thing is, I love banana cake! So much!
ps: Its still me. I'm using my main account. Too lazy to sign out each time I wanna post something here :p