Friday, January 14, 2011

White Chocolate Cheesecake

I baked this somewhere in November. Hehe ya I know! I have so many recipes to post yet no time at all to spare for blogging.

I am back from the holiday. The whole family had so much fun, but only if my brother and his wife were there too.

So anyway, back to this cake. One of my friend was a big fan of my cakes. She came to my open house during Raya and completely blew of after tasting my cheese cake and straight away begging me to bake for one of her friend's birthday. And so, the business began.

I baked this during Raya. And she asked for the exact recipe. But I know I had to try some other recipe that yield almost the same cheesecake but even better when you tasted it. I googled and found one.

The original recipe uses 3 boxes of cream cheese. I should use just two because of the price of the cake that I sold (you really need to be good in adjusting the ingredients with the price) so I altered some of the amounts and ingredients.

And sorry. I totally forgot where did I get it. From Allrecipe.com I guees?

White Chocolate Cheesecake (Version II)

1 cup shortbread crumbs
3 tbsp wugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup cream
2 package of Philadephia cream cheese
1/2 sugar (or less)
3 small eggs (must be small, gred B or less)
1 tsp vanilla essence
  1. Mix shortbread crumbs, 3 tbsp of sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture into a springform pan (I used 6").
  2. Preheat oven to 165 degrees celcius. Melt white chocolate with cream in a heatproof bowl over a simmering water until smooth. Remove from the heat.
  3. Beat together cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add in eggs one at a time, mix well after each addition. Add in vanilla essence and melted chocolate. Mix well.
  4. Pour over the crust, smooth the top.
  5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Let it stand in the cooling oven for 4 hours. When its cool, cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate overnight before removing the pan.

I am sucks when it comes to decorating!

ps: I seriously don't know how the cake tasted like. I asked my friend and she loved it, as always!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

the decoration is simple and nice. i like it. and the writing style is cute! heheheh