Friday, November 26, 2010

Orange and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I always envied those pretty and cute marshmallow pops. I always adore those breathtaking dessert table. And I tried to make one, for my sister's engagement. It wasn't that disastrous but it wasn't that special either. I was working on that day so I had so little time to prepare everything on time.


Baked 100 cupcakes for the door gift too. I used this recipe. It never fails me for a vanilla cupcakes.

I need to be adventurous. I know I can't do bungee jumping (although I am dying to do that) because I am afraid of height so I need to be adventurous in food. In baking specifically.

I had some oranges in the fridge and thought of trying a new recipe for cupcakes. I woke up later, start my gear and two hours later I'd baked these:

Orange and Chocolate Chips Cupcake.

I know it weren't the prettiest naked cupcakes you had ever seen. I just had this problem with estimating the batter content in a cup. I had to spoon and bake one cupcake before I bake the rest to test.

I did that on all cupcakes.

But the cupcakes were delicious! Moist, juicy with the perfect sweetness!

Now, if you have some oranges, try and bake this. You'll be amaze with the cupcakes. Just make sure you cut off at least 1/4 of the sugar if you intend to sloshing it with any frosting.


Orange and Chocolate Chips Cupcake

3 eggs
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour sifted with 2tsp baking powder
juice of 1 orange
zest of 1/2 orange
1 cup chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. In a medium bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
  2. Add flour and milk, alternating , begin and ending with the flour. Mix well. Add juice and the zest and continue beating.
  3. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Divide the batter evenly and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

No comments: