Friday, December 3, 2010

Chilled Blueberry Cheesecake

My brother loves cheesecake. There's just something between him and cheesecake. Especially raspberries.

One day, I was going to leave him for the weekend. Him and exam week. Grrrrrr I know! And that was when I decided to bake make him a cheesecake. Chilled cheesecake! But since I was left with a can of opened blueberries from pancake sauce leftover few days before, I said sorry to him and pour the whole 3/4 of the sauce on top of my beautiful chilled cheesecake.

I don't know if its a good idea or not but at first I thought it would be awesome.

Even my boyfriend couldn't resist the temptation right after he got home from work.

But the sauce just couldn't stop dripping all over the cake. Now, I know it wasn't a good idea. Too much blueberries.


But it was a perfect chilled cheesecake. Perfect perfect perrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....!

I used the leftover brownies from previous baking (I skipped I know! I couldn't find the pictures!), pulse it in a food processor until it becomes crumbs. Pack it at the base of your tin and refrigerate it while you make the filling.

As for the filling, I just used the exact method and ingredients from the box: beat 2 cream cheese together with 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2tbsp sugar, and 2tbsp gelatine dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water for at least 15 minutes before using. Pour on your base then continue refrigerate it for overnight.

There. I made two of my lovely boys smiled that day.

No comments: