Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Billy's Vanilla Cupcakes

I'd always amused by how the combination of butter and sugar become white and fluffy. I'd always mesmerized by the beauty of a well rise cake. I don't know when it start but I know I got it from my mom, our own baker.

Day by day I found that I always fell for beautiful cake/cupcakes. I searched for the best recipes relentlessly. Contrary with the time I have for all my baking projects. The minute I stumbled upon the perfect recipe, my hands would get very itchy and I started to conquered the whole kitchen.

My cakes/cupcakes were all good. Well, that was what people said. And yes, because of my almost perfect taste buds on all these to die for dessert, I know how to define a good and superb cake ;)

Enough said. I thought I should give something to my friends back in SWA**** at where I worked as a dancer before I quit. All my baking utensils were in JB so I just bought the very basic thing.

I browsed through Martha Stewart's and found this. I just had to try! Good, a perfect reason for baking!

So here;

Billy's Vanilla Cupcakes
Adapted from MarthaStewart's

1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
  2. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
  3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
  4. I made two batches. The first one I frosted it with the usual vanilla buttercream frosting and the other one I frosted with Oreo Buttercream. Sumpah sedap! All I did was crushed the cookies and mix it in.

And the best of all, they love it!

ps: the cupcakes are moist, dense and dome-d! The best ever!

No comments: