This is for my sister in Dubai.
You know,before she move to Dubai, she never had the chance to cook or bake that many as me or Mom would always get our hands first on the pan. Only that after she got married, and live in Jb with Mom, she started to cook most of the time. And now in Dubai, with a husband to feed, she started to get all 'Martha Stewart' everyday!
When she asked me for a good marble cake recipe, I know I did baked one. But wasn't that sure if I posted it up online. Checking back, nope, I didn't.
So this is for you sister albeit you already baked one hehe. Because this is a KEEPER! A really good marble cake ;)
Trish Boyle's Rich Marble Pound Cake
Adapted from: Kak Rima from Bisousatoi
342g cake flour (I used all purpose flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
300g castor sugar
20g cocoa ppowder
340g unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
5 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190 degree celcius. Grease your desirable pan and dust it with flour (it can make up to 10" bundt pan. I use 3 loaf pan).
- Sift together cake flor, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter on medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy. Add in sugar and continue beating for 4 minutes. Add in vanilla essence.
- Add eggs one at a time, and continue beating until incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture alternating with milk in 3 batches, begin and ending with flour mixture.
- Prepare your cocoa mixture: mix cocoa powder with water in a small bowl. Add 3 cups of the batter to the cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Spoon 1/3 of the plain batter onto your pan, smooth it over, then add another 1/3 of the chocolate batter and smooth it over. Repeat until finish.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes.
ps: butter & marble cake are always better the next day ;)