Thursday, May 12, 2011

Carrot Cake (The Best!)

Ok now this is an improvement :p One post a day hehe.

Back to the carrot cake hunting.

There were only few days left before I had to deliver the cake to my friend. And then she texted me again. She needed it a day earlier. I was dumbfounded. Obviously because I had no recipe to bake and I don't think I can make it.

A day before the delivery, I rolled up my sleeves and wished that I made a good decision by picking this one recipe. A recipe that I'd never bake before, a recipe that required all the basic ingredients only.

And there were only 3 carrots left. So it must be perfect.

Since I really had to test it, I took few scoops of the batter, arranged some cupcake liners and baked it.

And I glad I did. Because it was the best carrot cake I had ever tested!


I woke up early in the morning and started to assembled everything and frosted it. Delivered it to my friend and she told me it was delicious! Everyone loved it and it wasn't enough for everyone!

Of course I was overwhelmed. This is my journey to a perfect carrot cake.

And I glad it ended like how I wished for.

Best Carrot Cake
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground all spice
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups canola oil
4 large eggs
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
  1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius.
  2. Sieve together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and all spice in a medium bowl.
  3. Whisk the sugar and oil in your mixing bowl (I did not used an electric mixer) until well blended. Add in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add flour gradually into the wet mixture and stir until well blended.
  4. Fold in all the dried chunky ingredients: carrots, walnuts and raisins.
  5. Bake for 45 minutes.
ps: sloth it generously with any cream cheese frosting that you love :)

2 comments:

Edi said...

recipe senang je ekk n tak byk brg2 exotic... kak edi sebenarnyer suke sgt carrot cake to kan, kat rumah xde org yg makan. so kalau teringin sgt, gi beli kat secret recipe je be4 this.. until one day, i beli and balik rumah nak makan, tgk2 kek tu dah berlendir. that's when i stopped buying SR la... your cake looks so.... clean and delicious! suke suke..

thks for sharing the recipe.

eh, jumpa kat kenduri muna nanti?

Edi said...

shaleen! kak edi dah try recipe ni! mmg best! tenkiu tenkiu.. :)
tgk post kat blog k..