Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pandan Kaya Cake

Notice the new blog header? From now on, I'll have my own label, sticker and blog header, thanks to Nab! Hehehe. Seriously, she's easy to work it, fast (you know sometime it would take days for someone to reply your email?) and most of all, she's open to whatever suggestions you have. And so, if you have anything to design, you can email her :)

Ok I baked this cake for one of my neighbor, for her daughter's akikah here in Nilai. And since I had to work on that day (which was Saturday) for our college's convocation, I decided to bake her something for the kenduri. At first I though of baking some cupcakes but I was so tired with the layer cake process so I just made use of whatever I have with some leftovers from the layer cake i.e. kaya.

I don't know where did this recipe came from but I do remember I made some adjustment to it.

Pandan Kaya Cake

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs yolk
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 small tin kaya
1 1/2 tsp pandan emulco
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs white
1/4 sugar
  1. Beat butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add in eggs yolk, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Continue beating at medium speed.
  2. Add in pandan emulco.
  3. With low speed, add in the flour alternately with coconut milk and kaya in 3 batches, begin and ending with flour.
  4. Beat egg whites and sugar in a separate bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold it in the flour mixture gently. Pour onto a greased baking pan and bake for 1 hr at 160 degrees celcius.
Verdict of the cake? Obe loved it, so much!

No comments: