Thursday, March 17, 2011

Haw Flakes Layer Cake

Hello there! Miss me much? :) Sorry I'd been super busy lazy lately. I had to stop blogging for a while, and so did my baking activities. Phew! Now that everything is over now, I have some free time to work on the backlog posts.

First up!

My second attempt of baking a layer cake!! Despite it was a bit dry (and tiring), I had sooooooo much fun looking at the layers :D Like finally yaw! I started baking early in the morning and burned some of my skin during the process :( Boohooo.

Haw flakes Layer Cake
Adapted from Rozzan

450g butter
150g sugar
10 eggs (grade A)
300g Marie biscuits (finely crushed)
300g sweetened condensed milk
55g kaya
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
Haw flakes (I used around 15 small packets)
Red, yellow, green and purple colouring
  1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue bating on high speed until incorporated well. Add vanilla essence and continue beating.
  3. Turn the mixer on a low speed and add sweetened condensed milk and grind Marie biscuits. Mix well.
  4. Divide batter into four small bowl (or depends on how many colours you want and if you're like me, mari kita tiru Bro Rozzan hehehehe). Tint some colour on your batter.
  5. I weighed each layer at 150g and bake it twice using upper heat (grill). Add some haw flakes on the second layer of each colour.
  6. Bake last layer using upper and lower heat at 150 degrees celcius for 15 minutes. Let it cool. Oh don't forget to press on the cake after you take it out from the oven for each layers to release air bubbles :) But please, take care of your hand and don't be like me :(



But in the end, nobody ate this cake except me :(

3 comments:

Sya said...

aha...lenkali x da sape nak makan pass it to me...huhuuh....

i use to steam if it's layer cake...more moist n juicy...i guess la,cause when i bake it,it will make me upset la..kek dry..x best

Kookies said...

Hahahaha!

Steam tak cukup besar nak tampung bekas cake :p tapi ingredients if steam lain siket kan?

sya said...

lain...erm x sure erk cause never try bake one...tepung biskut,kaya,susu...