Monday, December 20, 2010

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

I first saw this cake on Mykitchensnippets. Although I was tempting to bake one, but half of me was trying to justify sponge cake is not my kind of cake. I hate spongy cake. And I hate chiffon cake even more. I hate it when everytime I took a bite of a spongy cake, all I can taste is - air.

And so I found another recipe from Bisousatoi. I checked the recipe twice, completely differ from the previous one. I scrutinized both pictures from both recipes, and so I baked the later one.


And it was awesome! You can't even taste the condensed milk of course. (What was there to taste? It was all sugar in thick yet thin milk. Got what I mean?) It was buttery. And soft. I think this is another version of a butter cake.The best butter cake so far.

I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top of it. Hoping it would be a prettier cake. But all went to my stomach. And I had to cut my sugar and carbs intake for a week. Super joy.

Click on the link for the recipe ;)

No comments: