Thursday, December 9, 2010

Banana Chocolate Cake

My boyfriend loves buying banana. But nobody eat that too many banana in the house, only me and my brother what do you expect? So most of the time I would let it ripen for few days and bake it rightaway.

Remember when I made the blueberry chilled cheesecake for my brother? On the same day also I baked another cake: Banana Chocolate Cake.

We drove back to Jb right after its done, and it still warm when we arrived 3 hours later. Its a habit of me, I just thought that I should brought home a homemade cake everytime balik kampung.

And I love this cake! Seriously! The 2tbsp milk powder, although small quantity, you can tasted it. Milky but not overpowering. It is moist, milky, not that chocolatey and the banana flavour is just right for the cake. This is so far my best banana cake :)

I always scared of any recipe that uses egg whites that beaten until fluffy. Wrong technique of folding or if you don't beat it until it stiff, your cake will sink. And I have a phobia of sinking cakes. But to my surprise, though I had to hand-whisked my egg whites, the cake turn out really really well!

Sorry for the low quality pictures though.



Banana Chocolate Cake
Adapted from Bisousatoi

200g butter
200g brown sugar
6 eggs yolk
2 eggs white (whisk until stiff)
200g flour sifted with
1/4tsp baking powder and
2tbsp full cream milk powder
1 cup chocolate chips
4 medium sized bananas - mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
  1. Grease and line your pan, I used an 8inch round pan. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in yolk, one at a time, beat well until incorporated.
  3. Fold in the flour, milk and baking powder using a spatula.
  4. Gently, fold in eggs white.
  5. Add in mashed bananas and the chocolate chips. Pour the batter onto your pan.
  6. Bake for 35 minutes or more until it is done.

No comments: