Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookies galore!

Christmas is coming. We're going back to our hometown, Sabah. I know I have to bake something for them. And I baked, as usual, my famous M&M's cookies :)



And also the regular Chocolate Chips Cookies.


Sorry. No recipe for this one :) But I can assure, this is the best cookies you'd ever had! I have few secret ingredients which make it even more 'Amos'!

And I found this recipe from a blog. It was claimed to be the almost Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies, I tried it and blergh. It didn't taste the same at all! I baked an even better cookie!

I substitute chocolate chips with one cup of chopped Daims. Although I still like the praline-like, fudgy caramel, I hate it when it tasted a lot like a kuih raya, not a cookie. So sad.

But if you insist in baking it;

Almost Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Bisousatoi

250g butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coffee oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup blended oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup ground almons
1 cup chopped daim/chocolate chips
2 cups self raising flour
  1. Two hours before bakng, beat in the egg with vanilla and coffee oil. Let it stand at room temperature.
  2. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt. Mix in the egg and stir in blended oats, ground almonds, walnuts and daim. Fold in the flour.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes (mine was 15 minutes) or according to your oven, for small cookies.

2 comments:

eza said...

i used to read the bisousatoi blog everyday, n now i think i gonna make same thing with ur blog..

Kookies said...

Awww... I am nothing compared to Kak Rima ;) Anyway, thanks! But you shouldn't check mine everyday. I seldom blog! Hiks :p